As well as longer tours of Scotland, I also offer day trips from Edinburgh to many of our Guests’ favourite places of interest around the country.
Many of our Guests prefer to stay in Edinburgh for several days during their Scottish visit taking Day Trips to see the sights around the area.
Day tours can take in historic sites including battlegrounds, castles, abbeys and royal palaces; areas of great natural beauty such as lochs, hills and mountain ranges, as well as the cultural gems of our art galleries, museums and the homes of Walter Scott and Robert Burns.
I can customise your Day Trips to suit your own likes, dislikes and preferences. If there is anywhere you want to go for any reason whatsoever, business or pleasure, just ask.
Sample Day Trips are :
- The East Side; St Andrews, Glamis Castle and Scone Palace
- The West Side; Loch Lomond, Inveraray Castle and Loch Fyne
- Perthshire; Pitlochry, Blair Castle, Queens View and Loch Tummel.
- The Trossachs; Loch Lomond, Aberfoyle, Loch Katrine and Callander
- Historic Stirling; Stirling Castle, the Bannockburn Battlefield and the Wallace Monument
- The Life and Work of Robert Burns; his birthplace at Alloway, Ayr, Dumfries and the Globe Inn (other sites can be added)
- The Scottish Borders; Dryburgh Abbey, Melrose, Jedburgh, Abbotsford House and the Tweed Valley
- Edinburgh area options; Hopetoun House, Linlithgow Palace and Rosslyn Chapel
- The Museums of Glasgow; Kelvingrove, the Burrell Collection and the Riverside Museum; maybe time in the centre of the City too.
- Old and New; The Falkirk Wheel, the Kelpies and the Royal Burgh of Culross
Like everything else I do, my day trips are Private and designed to suit your own likes and dislikes. I am happy to build bespoke Day Trips for your enjoyment anywhere. If you see one or two places listed above on different Tours and would like to combine them, don’t hesitate to ask.
Unless you prefer a pickup elsewhere, Collection and Drop-off will be from your Hotel.